Removal/Installation - Pillar Areas, then disconnect the floor wire harness 4P connector (A) from the front passenger's seat belt tensioner.
7. Connect the SRS inflator simulator (2 Ohms connectors) and simulator lead K to the floor wire harness.
8. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
9. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
10. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 22-9x indicated?
Go to step 11.
Short to ground in the front passenger's seat belt tensioner; replace the front passenger's seat belt See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Seat Belt
Systems/Seat Belt/Service and Repair/Front Seat Belt Replacement, then clear the DTC.?
11. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
12. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then wait at least 3 minutes.
13. Disconnect SRS unit connector B (39P) from the SRS unit.
14. Disconnect the simulator lead from the floor wire harness.
15. Measure the resistance between body ground and SRS unit connector B (39P) terminals No. 14 and No. 15 individually. There should be an
open circuit or at least 1 MOhms.
Is the resistance as specified?
Faulty SRS unit or poor connection at SRS unit connector B (39P) and the SRS unit. Check the connection; if the connection is OK, replace the
SRS unit See: Relays and Modules/Relays and Modules - Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Control Module/Service and Repair/SRS Unit