7. Connect the SRS inflator simulator (2 Ohms connectors) and simulator lead J to the dashboard wire harness 4P connector.
8. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
9. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
10. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 12-1x, 12-2x, 12-4x, or 12-5x indicated?
Go to step 11.
Open or increased resistance in the front passenger's airbag first or second inflator; replace the front passenger's airbag See: Restraints and Safety
Systems/Air Bag Systems/Air Bag/Service and Repair/Removal and Replacement/Front Passenger's Airbag Replacement, then clear the DTC.?
11. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
12. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then wait at least 3 minutes.
13. Disconnect SRS unit connector A (39P) from the SRS unit.
14. Disconnect the SRS inflator simulator from the SRS simulator lead. Do not disconnect the simulator lead from the dashboard wire harness 4P
15. Measure the resistance between the terminals of both SRS simulator leads. There should be less than 1.0 Ohms.
Is the resistance as specified?
Faulty SRS unit or poor connection at SRS unit connector A (39P). Check the connection; if the connection is OK, replace the SRS unit See:
Relays and Modules/Relays and Modules - Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Control Module/Service and Repair/SRS Unit Replacement.?