ALL with navigation
the iN VIN status for eligibility
ALL with navigation
iN VIN status for eligibility
MDX and TLX Navigation System Update DVD
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
Only do this update if the iN VIN status indicates it is eligible. If you use
this software update on an ineligible vehicle, you may permanently
damage the unit and if the unit must be replaced, your dealership may
be debited for the replacement cost.
If you accidentally update the wrong vehicle, the unit must be replaced,
and your dealership may be debited for the replacement cost.
- Before starting the update , make sure you have the VIN and DEVICE ID as shown in step 7 to get the ACTIVATION CODE.
- There are two methods to maintain a steady voltage to the client's vehicle during the setup period.
- Make sure you park the vehicle in a safe, well ventilated area and let the engine run to avoid draining the battery.
- Connect a battery charger to the client's vehicle.
- Do not drive the vehicle during the setup period (about 90 minutes) while the system uploads the update from the DVD.
- Do not turn the vehicle mode to OFF during the setup period. If the engine is turned off or the battery voltage is interrupted, the update may start again from the beginning or the audio-navigation unit may lock up.
- Once the activation code is entered and the map appears on the navigation screen, the vehicle can be returned to the client. The system will update for about another 5 hours, but the update is done in the background.
- The background update will only happen while the vehicle is in the ON mode. The client does not need to keep the vehicle in the ON mode continually for 5 hours. The system will automatically continue updating where it left off after the engine is restarted.
- Either start the engine and leave it running in a well ventilated area or connect a battery charger to the vehicle to maintain a steady battery voltage until the end of the setup period (about 90 minutes).
- Press the ENGINE START/STOP button to select the vehicle ON mode.
- Press the Nav button to display the navigation screen.
- Select Navi Settings , then press Enter.
- Scroll down to select System Device Information, then press Enter.
- Write down the Device and VIN information from the screen. You will need this information later.
- Go to the HERE Dealer Map Update site at www.navigation.com/doc-us and enter your username and password.
The password is case sensitive.
Many dealers were already registered and there is only one
username and password per dealer. Do not register until you
check with the service manager to see if you are registered.
If your dealership was not registered, or your username or
password is lost or forgotten, select Click to Register and follow
the directions. Give the username and password to the service
manager so that everyone can share the login information.
- Return to the vehicle, and make sure the engine is running in a well ventilated area, or there is a battery charger or a fully charged jumper battery connected to the vehicle to maintain steady battey voltage.
- Make sure the navigation system has finished booting up, then insert the update DVD into the CD player slot.
- Both screens will shut off for about 10 seconds, then reboot with the Notification screen shown below.
- Once the update is loaded into the navigation system, the navigation system reboots twice.
- After about 30 minutes, the Enter code screen appears. Either press and hold the audio Power button for two seconds or enter the five digit anti-theft code to use the audio-navigation unit.
- Enter the 16-digit activation code that you wrote down from the Dealer Map Update website.
- Wait for the navigation system to indicate the update is complete. When the system has completed and activated the map update, the navigation system reboots to activate the background part of the update.
Do not restart the engine. The system will restart automatically.
Do not eject the update disc or interrupt the update process
because the system will discard the update and you will have to
start the update again or the audio-navigation may lock up.
- Eject the update disc.
- Go to System Device Information and check that the database software number has changed to Ver.ST003.02.00 .
- Replace the applicable Owner's CD and Owner's Guide with new ones. If the CD and guide are not in the vehicle, give a set to the client.
The new Owner's CD and Owner's Guide contain new information
based on the improvements from the update.
Make sure you provide the owner's information for the correct
vehicle to the client.
A small number of owners CDs and owner guides were sent to
your dealership. If you need additional owner's materials, order
more from Helm using the following reorder numbers:
¡ 2015 MDX: E2592
¡ 2015 TLX: E2593
- You may return the vehicle to the client, but make sure to explain the system will update in the background for about 5 hours. Make sure you explain the update only occurs while the vehicle is ON, but it is OK to drive the vehicle normally; the system will automatically continue when it's on.