Faulty inner side front passenger's weight sensor; replace the inner side front passenger's weight sensor See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag
Systems/Seat Occupant Sensor/Service and Repair, then clear the DTC.?
18. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
19. Measure the resistance between body ground and ODS unit harness 2P connector terminal No. 2. There should be an open circuit or at least 1
Is the resistance as specified?
Faulty ODS unit; replace the ODS unit See: Relays and Modules/Relays and Modules - Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Control
Module/Service and Repair/ODS Unit Replacement, then clear the DTC.?
Short to ground in the ODS unit harness; replace the ODS unit harness, then clear the DTC.?
SRS DTC Troubleshooting: 82-12
No Signal From the Inner Side Front Passenger's Weight Sensor
- Before doing this troubleshooting procedure review SRS Precautions and Procedures See: Body and Frame/Air Bag(s) Arming and
Disarming/Service and Repair and General Troubleshooting Information See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Testing and
Inspection/Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Battery Terminal Disconnection and Reconnection See: Starting and
Charging/Battery/Service and Repair/Procedures.
- These SWS DTCs are cleared by turning the ignition switch to LOCK(0).
1. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then wait for 10 seconds.
3. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 82-12 indicated?
Go to step 4.
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Go to Troubleshooting Intermittent Failures. If another DTC is indicated, troubleshoot the DTC.?
4. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Disconnect the ODS unit harness 2P connector (A) from the inner side front passenger's weight sensor (B).