7. Measure the voltage between body ground and E-pretensioner unit connector A (5P) terminals No. 1 and No. 4 individually. There should be
less than 0.2 V.
Is the voltage as specified?
Replace the E-pretensioner unit See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Seat Belt Systems/Seat Belt Tensioner/Service and Repair/Removal and
Replacement, then clear the DTC.?
Short to power in the floor wire harness; replace the floor wire harness, then clear the DTC.?
SRS DTC Troubleshooting: 74-22
Open in the Front Passenger's E-pretensioner Motor
NOTE: Before doing this troubleshooting procedure, review SRS Precautions and Procedures See: Body and Frame/Air Bag(s) Arming and
Disarming/Service and Repair and General Troubleshooting Information See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Testing and
Inspection/Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes.
1. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then wait for 10 seconds.
3. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 74-22 indicated?
Go to step 4.
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Go to Troubleshooting Intermittent Failures. If another DTC is indicated, troubleshoot the DTC.?
4. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Disconnect the E-pretensioner unit connector B (14P) from the E-pretensioner unit See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Seat Belt
Systems/Seat Belt Tensioner/Service and Repair/Removal and Replacement.
6. Measure the resistance between E-pretensioner unit connector B (14P) terminals No. 13 and No. 14. There should be less than 1.0 Ohms.