Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Go to Troubleshooting Intermittent Failures. If another DTC is indicated, troubleshoot the DTC.?
SH AWD DTC Troubleshooting: 52-3
Left Clutch Electromagnetic Coil Current Malfunction
- Before you troubleshoot, review the general troubleshooting information See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Differential Assembly/Testing
and Inspection/Initial Inspection and Diagnostic Overview.
- If DTC 49-1 is stored at the same time as DTC 52-3, troubleshoot DTC 49-1 first, then recheck for DTC 52-3.
1. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
2. Clear the DTC with the HDS.
3. Do the clutch function test with the HDS See: Transmission and Drivetrain/Differential Assembly/Testing and Inspection/Component Tests
and General Diagnostics.
4. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 52-3 indicated?
Go to step 5.
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time.?
5. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
6. Disconnect SH-AWD control unit connector B (8P) and the left solenoid 4P connector.
7. Connect left solenoid 4P connector terminal No. 1 to body ground with a jumper wire.
8. Check for continuity between SH-AWD control unit connector terminal B5 and body ground.