DTC Troubleshooting: B1244 (F and MODE)
DTC B1244 or DTC indicator F and MODE:
An Open in the Rear Air Mix Control Motor Circuit
1. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
2. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0) and then back to ON (II).
3. Do the self-diagnostic function with the HDS or the climate control unit.
4. Check for DTCs.
Is DTC B1244 or F and MODE indicated?
Go to step 5.
Intermittent failure, check for loose wires or poor connections in the rear air mix control motor circuit.?
5. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
6. Test the rear air mix control motor See: Heating and Air Conditioning/Testing and Inspection/Component Tests and General
Diagnostics/Rear Air Mix Control Motor Test.
Is the rear air mix control motor OK?
Go to step 7.
Replace the rear air mix control motor See: Heating and Air Conditioning/Air Door/Air Door Actuator / Motor/Service and Repair/Rear Air Mix
Control Motor Replacement.?
7. Disconnect the rear air mix control motor 7P connector.
8. Disconnect climate control unit connector A (40P) and B (14P).
9. Check for continuity between the following terminals of climate control unit connectors A (40P), B (14P), and the rear air mix control motor