SRS unit See: Relays and Modules/Relays and Modules - Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Control Module/Service and Repair/SRS Unit
Short to power in the floor wire harness; replace the floor wire harness, then clear the DTC.?
SRS DTC Troubleshooting: 32-9x
DTC 32-9x ("x" can be 0 thru 9 or A thru F):
Short to Ground in the Front Passenger's Side Airbag Inflator
Special Tools Required
- SRS Inflator Simulator 07SAZ-TB4011A
- SRS Simulator Lead L 070AZ-SNAA300
- Before doing this troubleshooting procedure, review SRS Precautions and Procedures See: Body and Frame/Air Bag(s) Arming and
Disarming/Service and Repair, General Troubleshooting Information See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Testing and
Inspection/Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes, and Battery Terminal Disconnection and Reconnection See: Starting and
Charging/Battery/Service and Repair/Procedures.
- Before replacing the SRS unit, check the SRS unit software version with the HDS. If the software version is not the latest, update the SRS
unit software See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning/SRS Unit Update,
1. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then wait for 10 seconds.
3. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 32-9x indicated?
Go to step 4.
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Go to Troubleshooting Intermittent Failures. If another DTC is indicated, troubleshoot the DTC.?
4. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then wait at least 3 minutes.
6. Disconnect the floor wire harness 2P connector (A) from the front passenger's side airbag (B).
7. Connect the SRS inflator simulator (2 Ohms connectors) and simulator lead L to the floor wire harness.
8. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.