6. Disconnect the floor wire harness 2P connector (A) from the driver's side airbag (B).
7. Connect the SRS inflator simulator (2 Ohms connectors) and simulator lead L to the floor wire harness.
8. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
9. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
10. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 31-1x or 31-2x indicated?
Go to step 11.
Open or increased resistance in the driver's side airbag inflator; replace the driver's side airbag See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag
Systems/Air Bag/Service and Repair/Removal and Replacement/Driver's Airbag Replacement, then clear the DTC.?
11. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
12. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then wait at least 3 minutes.
13. Disconnect SRS unit connector B (39P) from the SRS unit.
14. Disconnect the SRS inflator simulator from SRS simulator lead. Do not disconnect the simulator lead from the floor wire harness 2P
15. Measure the resistance between the terminals of the black SRS simulator lead (A). There should be less than 1.0 Ohms.
Is the resistance as specified?
Faulty SRS unit or poor connection at SRS unit connector B (39P) and the SRS unit. Check the connection; if the connection is OK, replace the
SRS unit See: Relays and Modules/Relays and Modules - Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Control Module/Service and Repair/SRS Unit