Is the voltage as specified?
Faulty SRS unit or poor connection at SRS unit connector A (39P) and the SRS unit. Check the connection between the connector and the SRS
unit. If the connection is OK, replace the SRS unit See: Relays and Modules/Relays and Modules - Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Control
Module/Service and Repair/SRS Unit Replacement.?
Short to power in the dashboard wire harness; replace the dashboard wire harness, then clear the DTC.?
SRS DTC Troubleshooting: 12-9x, 12-Bx
DTC 12-9x ("x" can be 0 thru 9 or A thru F):
Short to Ground in the Front Passenger's Airbag First Inflator
DTC 12-Bx ("x" can be 0 thru 9 or A thru F):
Short to Ground in the Front Passenger's Airbag Second Inflator
Special Tools Required
- SRS Inflator Simulator 07SAZ-TB4011A
- SRS Simulator Lead J 070AZ-SNAA100
- Before doing this troubleshooting procedure, review SRS Precautions and Procedures See: Body and Frame/Air Bag(s) Arming and
Disarming/Service and Repair, General Troubleshooting Information See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Testing and
Inspection/Reading and Clearing Diagnostic Trouble Codes, and Battery Terminal Disconnection and Reconnection See: Starting and
Charging/Battery/Service and Repair/Procedures.
- Before replacing the SRS unit, check the SRS unit software version with the HDS. If the software version is not the latest, update the SRS
unit software See: Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Systems/Testing and Inspection/Programming and Relearning/SRS Unit Update,
1. Clear the DTCs with the HDS.
2. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II), then wait for 10 seconds.
3. Check for DTCs with the HDS.
Is DTC 12-9x or 12-Bx indicated?
Go to step 4.
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Go to Troubleshooting Intermittent Failures. If another DTC is indicated, troubleshoot the DTC.?
4. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then wait at least 3 minutes.
6. Remove the glove box See: Body and Frame/Interior Moulding / Trim/Glove Compartment/Service and Repair, then disconnect the
dashboard wire harness 4P connector (A) from the front passenger's airbag.