Is DTC A2-1x indicated?
Go to step 4.
Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Go to Troubleshooting Intermittent Failures. If another DTC is indicated, troubleshoot the DTC.?
4. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
5. Check the No. 22 (10 A) fuse in the under-dash fuse/relay box.
Is the fuse OK?
Go to step 6.
Replace the fuse, then turn the ignition switch to ON (II). If the fuse blows again, check for a short to ground in the dashboard wire harness or in
the under-dash fuse/relay box No. 22 (10A) fuse circuit; replace the dashboard wire harness. If the problem is still present, replace the under-dash
fuse/relay box See: Maintenance/Fuses and Circuit Breakers/Fuse Block/Service and Repair/Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box Removal and Installation
, then clear the DTC.?
6. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0).
7. Disconnect the negative cable from the battery, then wait at least 3 minutes.
8. Disconnect SRS unit connector A (39P) from the SRS unit.
9. Reconnect the negative cable to the battery.
10. Turn the ignition switch to ON (II).
11. Measure the voltage between body ground and SRS unit connector A (39P) terminal No. 27. There should be battery voltage.
Is there battery voltage?
Faulty SRS unit or poor connection at SRS unit connector A (39P) and the SRS unit; check the connection. If the connection is OK, replace the
SRS unit See: Relays and Modules/Relays and Modules - Restraints and Safety Systems/Air Bag Control Module/Service and Repair/SRS Unit
Open in the dashboard wire harness; replace the dashboard wire harness, then clear the DTC.?
SRS DTC Troubleshooting: A3-1x
DTC A3-1x ("x" can be 0 thru 9 or A thru F):
SRS Unit Connector A Not Properly Installed