Disclaimer***Acura Truck MDX V6-3.7L Technical Service Bulletin # 10-042 Date: 110111
Navigation Radio - XM Preset Won't Save/Erratic Map Info
January 11, 2011
2010 MDX with Navigation - ALL 2010 ZDX with Navigation - ALL
Different XM Presets Cannot Be Saved For Driver 1 and Driver 2; Alabama
Navigation Defaults to California When Destination Is Entered
(Supersedes 10-042, dated December 1, 2010, to revise the information marked by the black bars and asterisks)
Under DIAGNOSIS, the software versions were changed.*
The vehicle has at least one of these symptoms:
^ You cannot save different XM presets for Driver 1 and Driver 2.
^ When the vehicle is in Alabama, and you enter a destination into the navigation system, your starting location is in California.
Diagnose the navigation unit problem. Then, if needed, update the navigation unit software using the patch CD.
Patch CD: T/N 07AAZ-ALBA100
The patch CD contains no map or P01 data.
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
The normal warranty applies.
Operation Number: 053011
Flat Rate Time: 0.3 hour
Failed Part: P/N 07AAZ-ALBA100
Defect Code: 03214
Symptom Code: 03220
1. Set different presets for Driver 1 and Driver 2, then check to see if the presets work properly.
Make sure you have the Driver 1 and Driver 2 remotes for this test. Refer to the owner's manual for more information about the remotes and
how to switch between Driver 1 and Driver 2.
Does the system recall the different presets for the applicable driver?
Yes - Go to step 2. No - Go to step 3.
2. If you are in Alabama, enter the client's destination information into the navigation system, and see if it shows your starting location in
Does the navigation system show that your starting location is in California?
Yes - Go to step 3.
No - This service bulletin does not apply. Continue with normal troubleshooting.
3. Go into the System Diagnostic Mode, select Detail Information & Setting, then select Version.
* Are the Flash version and the IPL version the same or higher than listed in the table?*
Yes - This service bulletin does not apply. Continue with normal troubleshooting.
No - Go to REPAIR PROCEDURE.
1. Start the engine.
2. With the engine running, insert the correct patch CD into the navigation audio CD slot with its label side up.
3. Allow the navigation system to download the patch CD. The navigation screen may go blank or display a brief error message before a Program
update started message appears, followed by the message Please do not shut off engine.
To avoid any downloading problems, do not use the audio, the navigation, or the climate control system during downloading.
4. After the CD finishes downloading, the navigation system reboots. You'll see the Acura screen, the GPS initialization screen, then the Disclaimer
screen. Eject the patch CD.
If the Factory in-line diagnostic screen appears, refer to the applicable service manual for the symptom System always comes up in in-line
5. Turn the ignition switch to LOCK (0), or press the engine start/stop button to select the OFF mode, wait 30 seconds, then restart the engine.
6. Do the map-matching procedure: Verify that the navigation system works properly by driving the vehicle on a mapped road until the road name
appears at the bottom of the screen.
Do not enter a destination at this time.
7. Verify the update by checking that the Flash version and the IPL version are the same or higher as listed in the table under DIAGNOSIS.
8. Verify the repair by setting the XM radio presets for Driver 1 and Driver 2 or re-entering the client's destination information into the navigation
system, depending on the original client complaint.